After a lot of obsessing, forum scouring etc, I decided to create my drying chamber. And its now looking well populated!
A full hight fridge driven by an STC1000 to control the temperature and a WDC8040 linked up to a fan to manage the humidity. They are working perfectly. Currently its set at 12 deg, 75-80% humidity for slow drying to develop optimal flavor.
Top half, left to right
- pancetta arrotolata, skin on. Its been in for three weeks, eta +/- 2 months – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancetta
- small coppa. Went in last week, eta 1-2 months – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coppa
- bresaola. Went in last week, eta 2-3 months – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bresaola
- pancetta stesa, skin off. Its also been in for three weeks, eta 1-2 weeks http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancetta
Bottom half, this weekend’s work, left to right
- coppa, eta 1-2 months – different herbs/spice and curing process
- 2 * guanciale, eta 1 month – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guanciale
- bresaola, eta 2-3 months – different herbs and spices
I’ll start posting recipes once I’ve tasted what comes out.